The Tech4 Powerswitch is a high quality mains power connector block designed for easy switching of AC power up to 10A*. The output can be switched on or off by contact closure or a low voltage trigger. Both the Live and Neutral lines are switched by a real air gap mechanical relay with multiple contacts for reliable operation.
It can easily be integrated into almost any control or automation system, switched by Keene KiraCC, Global Cache, Crestron, DemoPad Centro and many other controllers. All that is required is a simple low voltage relay or trigger output to interface to.
It is also ideal for use with Internet of Things projects based on Arduino and Rasberry Pi , Omega Onion etc as you can control it directly via GPIO. You can also choose between two trigger methods, either use a low voltage signal (3~14v) or a straightforward open or closed switch type contact to control the AC power.
One common application is to make use of the voltage trigger via a USB outlet. Buy the optional KLD151 USB to jack cable (or make your own) and use the Powerswitch to switch on or off any device you like when USB power is present. For example have a printer or lamp come on only when your PC is active.
You can of course buy cheaper relay boards with exposed contacts and uncertain ratings but the Keene KPS1 is safe, fully assembled and ready to use.
- 2 pin contact closure trigger for control by low voltage relays or external switch. Ground referenced 6V sense voltage.
- 3.5mm jack socket for continuous voltage trigger (isolated) 4V ~ 14V DC with automatic polarity and pin selection.
- Both Live and Neutral are switched.
- World Wide operation 90v – 250V AC 50 or 60 Hz.
- Efficient switch mode isolated internal 6V power supply.
- Built in replaceable 20mm fuse.
- Built in 250V AC varistors for mains spike suppression.
- Insulated plastic brick design with 3 pin IEC input and output for easy installation